Trash & Recycle Information
Who to Contact for Trash and Recycle Questions
If you have a bulk item to be picked up or if your trash and/or recycle was not picked up, please contact Waste Connections at 636-321-2100.
Cart Placement & Pickup Guidelines
City of Fenton residential garbage collection service begins between 6 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. Monday through Wednesday. All Fenton residential trash customers should have all materials out for collection by 6 a.m. on the scheduled pickup day. If trash and recycle is not out in time for regular collection, it will be picked up the following week.
Trash and recycle is picked up on the same day, please see map to see when your trash/recycle day is.
To ensure a clean and effective pickup, please:
- Leave 3 feet between containers
- Do not park personal vehicles within 10 feet of containers
- Do not place containers within 5 feet of a mailbox, tree or utility pole
- Face container handles toward your home
- Do not drill into, bolt or fasten any objects to your cart
- Do not overfill trash cart or place additional garbage on top of container
- Bag and tie all trash
- Avoid packing materials tightly inside cart
RESIDENTIAL WASTE MATERIALS
Please bag and tie ALL acceptable waste materials prior to placing items into your City of Fenton garbage can. For safety, legal, and environmental reasons, not all materials can be placed in your residential trash carts.
Acceptable Residential Garbage Items
- Normal non-hazardous household waste
- Cat litter or small animal waste (if double bagged)
Unacceptable Residential Garbage Items
- Ammunition, fireworks
- Ashes, hot or cold
- Batteries, vehicle
- Concrete, dirt or rocks
- Deceased animals
- Electronics, computers, TVs
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Medical waste
- Motor oil
- Propane tanks
- Sharps (needles or syringes) (acceptable if properly stored in medical waste container)
- Un-bagged packing pellets or sawdust
- Yard waste
- Paint cans & paint spray bottles (accepted if dried out). Hint: You can use cat litter or oil dry to harden the paint,
Recycling Made Easy.
Meet your sustainability goals with Waste Connections of Missouri. We offer diversion and recycling services for a wide variety of materials, including cardboard, plastic, office paper, newsprint and more. Today more than ever, recyclable products are common, and our programs and services make City of Fenton recycling convenient and worry-free for our customers.
We provide a single-stream residential recycling program (also known as "fully commingled" recycling), which means all recyclables are placed in one bin for convenient curbside pickup. Residential recycling by Waste Connections of Missouri is collected every week. Place your recyclables curbside by 6 a.m. on your pickup date.
Residential customers are not required to sort approved recyclables.
When preparing recycling for pickup, please follow these guidelines carefully:
- Flatten all cardboard boxes
- Empty and rinse all containers. Do not flatten containers.
- Do not place items in plastic bags
- Aerosol cans (empty)
- Aluminum foil, pie pans (2" or larger, clean)
- Cereal/soda boxes
- Corrugated cardboard (max. 12" x 24"per piece)
- Detergent bottles, screw-on caps are allowed
- Glass bottles and jars
- Metals, steel cans, aluminum cans
- Milk jugs, butter/margarine containers, pop/water bottles
- Paper egg cartons
- Paper, junk mail, magazines, newspapers (glossy inserts okay)
- Plastic, plastic containers (#1 - #7 on bottom)
- Ceramics, or Pyrex®
- Glass, including window glass
- Hard-cover books
- Hazardous or bio-hazardous waste
- Kraft® (orange or brown) envelopes
- Light bulbs, plates or vases
- Microwave trays
- Needles or syringes
- Paper ream wrappers
- Paper to-go containers
- Plastic bags, 6-pack holders, plastic tops, and other non-listed plastics
- Scrap metal
- Shredded paper (acceptable if paper bagged)
- Stickers or sheets of address labels
- Tissues, paper towels, napkins
- Tyvek® envelopes
- Waxed paper or waxed cardboard
- Wood items